Social Media Strategy
What is social media?
‘Social media’ is the umbrella term for web-based software and services that allow users to come together online and exchange, discuss, communicate and participate in any form of social interaction. That interaction can encompass text, audio, images, video and other media, individually or in any combination.
It can involve:
- the generation of new content
- the recommendation of and sharing of existing content
- reviewing and rating products, services and brands
- discussing the hot topics of the day
- pursuing hobbies, interests and passions
- sharing experience and expertise
Why do you need a social media strategy?
One thing is for sure, that, your customers are already talking to each other online. They are talking about your company, your brand, your industry, your competition and other topics that are relevant to what you do.
The conversation is happening, regardless of whether you choose to get involved or not. Surely it’s better to be aware of what’s being said, to listen, engage and foster relationships with these communities, rather than wondering from the outside.
Three key reasons why you need a social media strategy are:
- Deeper engagement with customers
- Get insights and feedback which are not available in any other way
- Your customers are already online, so you should be present to maintain your reputation
Different forms of social media
- Social network sites – like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc.
- Media sharing sites – like YouTube, Flickr, Slideshare etc.
- Reviews and ratings sites – like TripAdvisor, Zomato etc.
- Discussion forums – like Google Groups, Yahoo Groups etc.
- Blogs – WordPress, Blogger etc.
- Social Bookmarking and media submission sites – like Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon etc.
How DMZilla can help you with your social media strategy?
We can help you with:
- Effective, low cost, targeted advertising in different channels to acquire more customers
- Amplifying your exposure, traffic and online reputation
- Increasing your customer engagement
and much more…